Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your ride start time so our guide can get each rider set properly equipped for the adventure.
Each rider will be required to sign a waiver (riders under 18 will need to have Guardian sign the waiver).
ALL Riders of the horses MUST:
- be over the age of 10 and no less than 4 ft tall (to reach the stirrups)
- be accompanied, on the ride, by their legal guardian if they are under the age of 16
- be under the weight of 240lbs
- be able to mount and dismount on their own (we can provide a step to assist)
- be able to physically hold themselves on the horse without assistance
- be able to physically control the horse with the reigns, after receiving riding lesson and safety brief
- be able to see and hear riding lesson and safety brief
- be able to understand (in English) and implement instructions that are provided to them.
- Wear close toed shoes (i.e.: Sneakers, boots)
- Wear a provided helmet
Happy Trails also recommends:
- wearing long pants
- wearing secure and tight bra or sports bra for ladies
- wearing briefs or an athletic supporter for men
- wearing sunscreen and bug spray
- wearing hair style suitable for a helmet as to not interfere with safety (you may also wear a bandana to protect hair under helmet)
- wearing sunglasses
- drinking water prior and post riding to prevent dehydration and muscle cramps
- having a phone case that can be connected to the body in the event phone slips from hand
- wearing a securable close to the body pouch to keep keys and wallets in (i.e.: fanny pack)
- dress appropriate for the weather (i.e.: if its cold outside, it may be colder on the beach)